POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QTVR panorama freewares ? : QTVR panorama freewares ? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  QTVR panorama freewares ?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 25 Jun 2003 14:54:38
Message: <3ef9efee$1@news.povray.org>
I just wanted to test the qtvrpanorama.pov file in the qtvr directory and a
few annoying things came up :
- first, the "Make QTVR Panorama" free converter described in the file only
exists for MacOS http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/quicktimeintro/tools/.
It looks that the only way to do this on a non-Mac platform is to buy the
400$ QTVR authoring studio...
- second, I cannot find any freeware or shareware app that allows to turn a

QTVR support is either absent or paying).

I know there are other panorama viewers (java-based particularly) but before
I try them I would like to be sure that it is presently impossible to create
QTVR images - or at least QT panorama images - with free tools on another
platform than MacOS. Any idea or advice ?

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com